Coding Fundamentals Camp
This course is targeted for students with no familiarity with programming. The only requirement is that they must be able to read independently and use Zoom.
In this course, students will learn the basics of programming including:
- Boolean logic
- If/Else conditionals
- Program Composition
- Not Operation
- Compare values
- Returning values from a function they wrote
- Learning about events and interacting with the keyboard, including onKey, onMouseMove and onClick events
- Continue learning about events and interacting with the onClick events
- Students will create challenges with a solution
- Students will work on a game builder to build their own game. They will start off with creating their own sprites which is the building block of games
- This is more hands on student involvement and working with their imagination and creativity
Over the course of 4 weeks, they’ll join other students in a virtual classroom as they learn to think algorithmically and develop good programming habits. Ideal for grades 1 through 5 (or even higher if they’ve never been exposed to code).