Block Coding Fundamentals Camp
This course is targeted for students with no familiarity with programming. The only requirement is that they must be able to read independently and use Zoom.
In this course, students will learn the basics of programming using block coding and Minecraft.
By the end of the lessons the students will:
- Understand the importance and benefits of diversity, including the role of diversity and inclusion in a community
- Understand bias and recognize how it may cause harm
- Create coding solutions that include sequences, iteration, and loops
- Decompose (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
- Iterate on coding solutions to complete a task