This summer package is ideal for students in 5th grade+. Over the course of 4 weeks, 5 days a week, they’ll join other students in a virtual classroom as they learn to think algorithmically and develop good programming habits. Ideal for grades 5 through 12. Although the challenges are based in Python language, the fundamental concepts taught are language neutral and should apply to all programming languages.
This course is targeted for students with some familiarity with programming or those who have completed Coding Fundamentals Beginner Levels. Students should have reliable internet connection and good understanding/usage of computer and Zoom.
Students will learn the fundamentals of programming including:
- Boolean logic
- If/Else conditionals
- Program Composition
- Not Operation
- Compare values
- Returning values from a function they wrote
- Learning about events and interacting with the keyboard, including onKey, onMouseMove and onClick events
- Continue learning about events and interacting with the onClick events
- Students will create challenges with a solution
- Students will work on a game builder to build their own game. They will start off with creating their own sprites which is the building block of games
- This is more hands on student involvement and working with their imagination and creativity