Java – Level 4
This course continues to teach the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming using advanced topics of Java Programming Language covering:
- More on Java for statement (syntax; uses; examples);
- Java do loop
- Java switch statement (syntax and use, special cases and cautions, example); formatting output
- Intro. to Java methods, method calls and functional abstraction classes & objects, subclasses, and inheritance.
- More on Java methods: static method syntax and use; passing arguments to a method by value; local variables and scope
- Intro. to Java references: references as addresses of objects; idea of Java objects and classes; objects as instances of classes
By the end of this course, students are ready to advance to Java Level 5 and above.